Living with Oil and Gas is a narrative project by the Western Organization of Resource Councils (WORC). WORC is a regional network of grassroots community organizations that include over 15,000 members and 35 local chapters across seven western states. WORC helps its member groups succeed by providing training and coordinating issue work.
Our eight community organizations are:
- Dakota Resource Council (North Dakota)
- Dakota Rural Action (South Dakota)
- Idaho Organization of Resource Councils
- Northern Plains Resource Council (Montana)
- Oregon Rural Action
- Powder River Basin Resource Council (Wyoming)
- Western Colorado Alliance for Community Action
- Western Native Voice (Montana)
Based in Billings, Montana, WORC has field offices in Montrose, Colorado, and Washington, D.C.
WORC’s mission is to advance the vision of a democratic, sustainable, and just society through community action. WORC is committed to building sustainable environmental and economic communities that balance economic growth with the health of people and stewardship of their land, water, and air resources.